Every candidate desirous of seeking admission into Engineering/Non – Engineering Diploma courses can apply through online for POLYCET.No separate application form for admission is prescribed. The filled in application for POLYCET itself is an application for admission .The POLYCET examination is conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO APPEAR FOR COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
- Candidate shall be an Indian National
- Candidate should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh as defined in G.O.(P).No. 646, Education (w) Dept., dated 10-07-1979 and its subsequent amendments.
- Candidates should have passed S.S.C. Examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto by the Board of Secondary Education, A.P/TS. such as Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE), Indian Council for Secondary Education(ICSE), National Institute of Open School (NIOS), A.P. Open School Society (APOSS), X class examination conducted by various State Boards of Secondary Education in India with Mathematics as one of the subjects, and obtained at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to NIOS/APOSS/CBSE/ICSE/OTHER Examinations recognized as equivalent to SSC by A.P. Govt. SHOULD HAVE PASSED ALL THE SUBJECTS including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum of 35% Marks in each subject.
- There is no age restriction for appearing for POLYCET. However maximum eligible age for obtaining a scholarship, the guidelines prescribed in Memo No. 10537/SW(Edn.2)/2011, and issued from time to time by Social Welfare (Edn.) Department shall apply.
Reservations followed for admissions:
SC – 15 % ,
ST – 6 % ,
BC – 29% (BC ‘A’ – 7%, BC ‘B’ – 10%, BC ‘C’ – 1%, BC ‘D’ – 7%,BC ‘E’-4%)
33.33% of total seats in all non-minority Co-Educational institutions are reserved for girl candidates in each reservation category. If sufficient numbers of candidates are not available to fill the seats reserved for girls, they will be offered to the boys of the same category.
Reservation for Anglo Indians: Two (2) seats are reserved in polytechnics in favour of the candidates belonging to the Anglo Indian community from the academic year 1994-95 onwards vide G.O.Ms. No. 173 Edn (TE-1) Dept. dated 15-6-1994. Candidates claiming reservation in Anglo Indian Community shall produce a community certificate issued by Revenue official not below the rank of Deputy Tahasildar of their place of residence
Reservation of seats for NCC, Sports and Games, Physically Challenged (Handicapped) and Children of Armed Personnel Horizontal reservation in each of the reservation category Open/SC/ST/BC to the extent of percentages mentioned is applicable.
- NCC (National Cadet Corps) : Reservation to the extent of 1% shall be available for candidates of this category. The priority for consideration will be as per GO.Ms.No.21 HE (TE-1) Dept., Dt.13-05-2002[Refer Annexure VIII].
- SPORTS: Reservation to the extent of 0.5% (½%) shall be available for candidates of this category. Certificates issued by various organizations constituted by Central / State Government to conduct the event will alone are considered under this category. The participation in games and Sports before the qualifying Examinations will only be considered. The priority under this Category will be fixed as per the rules in vogue at the time of admissions. [Refer Annexure VIII].
- ) Physically Handicapped (PH): Reservation to the extent of 3% for Physically Handicapped 1% for Visually Handicaped,1% for hearing impaired, and 1% for Orthopedically Handicapped shall be available as per G.O.Ms.No.130, Higher Education (TEI) Department, Dated: 06 09 2000.However candidates with defects like Muscular dystrophy, Deaf and Dum, Blindness and mentally retardation are not eligible for admission.[Refer Annexure VIII].
- Children of Armed Personnel (CAP): Reservation to the extent of 2% of the seats shall be available for the children of ex-servicemen and defence personnel including Border Security Force and Central Reserve Police [Refer Annexure VIII].
|5||Board Recognition Fee||250.00|
|6||Alumni Fee (only at the time of admission||100.00|